Best Vacuum For Pet Hair
How To Choose The Best Vacuum For Pet Hair?
Majority of pet owners love their pets so much that they probably consider them as members of their families. There is only one issue that could at times make you reconsider having a pet or letting it into your house. This issue is nothing other than pet hair which you will find almost everywhere in your house: on the furniture, on the floor, on the walls and the carpet. To eliminate this problem, you should have a vacuum cleaner for your pet hair.
There are quite a number of them in the market, but finding the best is quite a challenge to most pet owners. If you could really use some help in that, here is an article that has the best vacuum for pet hair that currently exist in the market:
Factors to Consider when Buying a Vacuum For Pet Hair
This is the most important factor to consider when buying a vacuum for pet hair. Cleaning pet hair is a difficult task, and so you will definitely need a powerful machine. The higher the wattage, the stronger your vacuum will be.
Look out for the amount of dirt it is capable of holding because it can really get annoying when you have to empty the vacuum cleaner when you are in the process of cleaning.
If you have a house with different kinds of floors attachments could prove to be important.
Good filters in pet hair vacuums assist in getting rid of allergens in the air. Using the HEPA filters is strongly recommended since it traps about 99.97% dirt.
- Does it have a bag or not?
When a filter has a bag, it is advantageous in that you will not have to incur the cost of getting a new one. The absence of a bag has a downside in that they are messy to work with and can really agitate your allergies.
Types of Pet Hair Vacuums
There are a variety of vacuum cleaner models which have been specially modified to tackle animal fur.
- Upright Vacuums
They are quite popular because they have a high suction capability. These are great when used to clean carpets. While using it, you could use it together with a brush roll which you can easily switch off when working on hardwood floors.
Its only drawbacks are that while using it, you can barely reach your room's corners and is very heavy.
- Stick Vacuums
These are easy to use, and they offer you comfort as you work. For a quick clean up, for instance, when you often receive unexpected guests, you can rely on them as they are light and maneuverable.
They have a disadvantage in that it barely cleans all pet hair from the surfaces. With that, you cannot rely on it especially when you are expecting a guest who is allergic to pet fur.
- Canister Vacuums
Suitable for cleaning all surfaces. You can rely on them when it comes to vacuum pet hair which could be lurking in the corners, on the stairs, on sofas or any furniture in your house.
The disadvantage associated with them is that they have a tank which you will always have to drag behind you as you work.
- Robotic Vacuums
These vacuums may look ineffective, but they are the best because they will help you do all the work. Some models of the robotic vacuums may not have enough strength to suck all pet's fur. The new and advanced models are quite effective.
They are quite expensive.
- Handheld Vacuums
Quite useful when cleaning tight corners and furniture. You can as well use them to clean your car effectively after your pet has had a ride in it and probably left its hair all over the seats. They are effective but cannot be compared to the full-sized vacuum cleaner.
Here are Some Brands of Pet Hair Vacuums
Varying brands of vacuums are available on the market, all of which are advertised with a promise and an assurance that you will no longer worry about the inconveniences caused by pet hair once you purchase one. There are those which will disappoint you because they will not perform their role as expected.
We have listed some famous and reliable brands of pet hair vacuums:
This brand has a vast selection of pet vacuum cleaners. With so many options to choose from, it is hard to select the best. Vacuum cleaners from the BISSELL brand have a Pet Turbo Eraser which is a special feature made for houses with pets. Using a system of filters, most of the BISSELL vacuums cleaners can keep your home free of animal allergens.
This company has "Perfect for Pets" vacuums. Their models have an odor and stain-fighting solutions, and that is why it is an appealing choice for pet owners.
This is a popular vacuum cleaner brand, with a reputation it deserves. They have great features such as powerful suction, versatility, and an appealing power brush attachment. Others have attachments for hardwood floors.
This brand has quite a number of vacuum cleaners for pet hair. Many pet owners select this vacuum cleaner because of a number of reasons which are: the vacuums are quite quiet while at work, very efficient and they have an impressive filtration system.
Best Vacuum Cleaners for Pet Hair
** Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, but you can click links above to see current prices and read customer's review on Amazon
The company which manufactures this product is known for its modern, sophisticated and undeniably cool products. It has quite an ingenious design. This could be termed as a perfect vacuum for pet hair, only that its design does not suit its perfect nature.
- Easy to maneuver
- Light in weight
- Quite powerful
- Fitted with an active base which adjusts automatically to suit the floor type
- The machine has a mini-turbine head which cleans the corners and places which are hard to reach. This has been made possible by the Instant Release High Reach Wand. It can stretch five times of its normal length
- Upon purchasing it, it comes with a tool bag which has a variety of brushes for corners, stairs, beds and any other surfaces
- Has a head that automatically adjusts itself according to the floor type
- Quite powerful. It has a suction that lasts longer
- Quite expensive
- The design is neither suitable nor appealing
This vacuum cleaner is reliable and available at a fair price compared to other brands. You can use it to clean floors of all types as it is fitted with a 5 position height adjustment feature. To remove pet hair from furniture perfectly, the machine has a pet upholstery and a Crevice tool for tight spots.
- Can easily be adjusted to clean all types of floors easily and efficiently. This is because it has a 5 position carpet height adjustment
- Has a folding handle which makes it suitable for storage spaces which are small
- It is light hence easy to use
- Has an Air-Powered Pet Hand Tool which easily disposes of pet hair from floors
- The machine has great suction power because it is fitted with WindTunnel Technology. The WindTunnel Technology is a system that has been proven to channel air to the capture reservoir from the vacuum nozzle. This system makes it easy for it to clean the center of the vacuum head and either side
- Quite quiet in its working
- It is bagless, and so it requires no replaceable parts. Its filters are readily available and can easily be cleaned
- Its cord retractor is quite convenient. You only need to tap on the pedal, and the cable will zip inside the vacuum
- The cord heats up during its functioning
- Its main problem is that you have only 5 feet hose to work with because of its total 8 feet hose; 3 feet are wrapped around the body
The Bissell Hair Erasers is one of the vacuums that satisfactorily performs its function. You can use it for stairs, upholstery, your car and the furniture. It has two different nozzles, and you can easily change them to suit the job at hand.
- Suitable for multi-later filtration. It uses the cyclonic cleaning system
- It can be used to vacuum a variety of surfaces, for instance, the stairs, upholstery, furniture and even your car
- Comes with two nozzles which are specially designed
- It has a rubber nozzle which is specialized to pull out dirt from sharp cornered areas, stairs or the upholstery
- Has a 16 feet power cord
- It has a wide top and soft bristles that are advantageous because during cleaning they get deep into the fabric
- It is quite light at the weight of 5 pounds which will make it very easy for you to maneuver
- Its design is compact as it measures 10*5*8 thus making storage quite easy
- It has a filter screen and a HEPA filter, both of which ensure that you have clean air in your house
- It has two nozzles which can easily be changed
- Amongst the items we reviewed, it is the loudest
- Air comes out strongly and blows air all over the room as you are cleaning
Its suction is quite powerful compared to its suction size. It is easy to use due to its lightweight and easy to empty too. Its additional feature, the V-shape gives the machine a high suction power. This is one of the vacuums with the longest electric cord so that you easily maneuver it as you clean your surfaces.
- Light, hence easy to maneuver
- Has a powerful suction
- Quite easy to use and empty
- It has a V-shape which makes the machine to possess a high suction power
- Its transparent canister enables you to know when it needs emptying and it is easy to empty
- Has a cord which is 20 meters long. It allows movement during the cleaning
- Has a quick release cord wrap. It saves you from having to wind it manually
- It easily picks up larger pieces of dirt in a better way than other vacuum cleaners because it has a V-shaped nozzle
- Very loud and noisy in its working
This vacuum cleaner is quite powerful and cleans the upholstery and the stairs quite well. Its light weight of 4.8 pounds makes it quite easy to maneuver. For cleaning carpeted stairs, it has a unique feature which is the Riser Visor.
- Has a reach system of 23 foot
- Weighs 4.8 pounds which is quite light
- Fitted with an on and off brush roll switch
- Has a cord which is 20 feet long which makes it appealing for extended cleaning and can easily wrap during storage
- It comes with a riser visor for cleaning carpeted stairs
- Quite powerful. It has 5.5 Amps of power
- Has a strong suction
- To add to its versatility, it has a flexible hose and a crevice tool
- To ease cleaning of vertical areas it has a Riser Visor
- It has a long cord, 20-foot, which you can easily wrap around the vacuum for ease and convenience during storage
- Relatively quiet in its functioning
- Light in weight hence easy to maneuver
- Has no rewind feature
- Does not work well in cars and contour areas
- For its powering, it relies on 18 volts Lithium-ion batteries which are rechargeable. It takes 3 hours to fully charge and discharges in 15-20 minutes
We have now come to the end of our comprehensive review of the top 5 best vacuums for pet hair. We hope that you will one day get an opportunity to buy any of the products reviewed above so as to experience what we are talking about.
Our favorite vacuum cleaner for Pet Hair is the BISSELL PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Corded Vacuum, 81L2A. It is light hence easy to maneuver, has a great suction power due to the V shape, allows for movement when cleaning because it has a long cord which is 20 foot long and, it is easy to empty. Its advantages outdo its shortcomings which are that it is loud and has no HEPA filter.
We believe that now you have an idea on which is the best vacuum cleaner for your pet hair considering that we have stated their features, their advantages and their downsides. Let us know the one you will settle for and how it will serve you by leaving comments.